Frozen berries from the freezer
are great for Winter baking.
No need to thaw your berries before baking.
A slightly longer baking time is needed.
Yields one each 10 inch
and one 7 inch pie.
Or two 8inch pies.
- 8 cups (2 pounds) mixed frozen berries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter,
- cut into small pieces
- One pie crush recipe.
- I use Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- and follow the instructions on the box.
- Preheat the oven to 350deg. F.
- In a large bowl, toss together the frozen berries,
- sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice
- Unroll pie crust into the pie plates
- Pour the fruit mixture into the crust
- and dot with the butter.
- Cover top with pie crust.
- Cut 3 slits in the center of the crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350deg.F
- then increase the heat to 375 deg.F.
- and bake until the crust is nicely browned,
about 20 minutes longer.
Thanks for your visit xo 💛