Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How to make Pumpkin Purée

This puree is so easy to make.
Great for homemade muffins, 
scones, soups, baby food,
 pumpkin pie, tarts and more.
And pumpkins are so easy to grow.





I use the small sugar pumpkins.
The larger one in the grocery stores
used for carving are

 tasteless and stringy.


Cut of the top (above)


Cut pumpkin in half


scrape out seeds, pulp
and stringy membrane.

(Guts)


Seeds can be dried and eaten.

I save some to plant next Spring.



Place skin side down on cookie sheet

Bake 350 deg. 45mins-1hr.
Test for fork-tender.


Cooked

Test with a fork to see if tender.


Remove skin...

Skin will peel of easily

Puree in a food processor, blender or mash with a potato masher.
Add water if too dry and if too wet, drain in a cheese cloth.



)

My Puree came out perfect.
I didn't have to add water
or drain it.




Can be frozen for use this winter.

A delicious recipe... check out my Pumpkin Scones .
also my Pumpkin Cupcakes.

and my Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
also: Pumpkin Cranberry Scones
also, Classic Pumpkin Pie
aso Pumpkin Cranberry Loaf

all pics are my sole original property.

thanks for visiting my blog...xo

No comments: