Saturday, August 21, 2021

Applesauce Cake



 This Applesauce Cake is great to serve
 for afternoon tea or anytime visitors drop by.
Moist, light and packed with flavour.
I got the recipe from an Old Five Roses cookbook.
I substituted the shortening for butter
 and the raisins for nuts.





Preheat Oven to 350deg. F.
Prepare your pan.
I grease a tube pan and
line the bottom with waxed paper. 
Can also be made in a 8" square pan. 

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp.  of each, baking powder,
baking soda, nutmeg,
 cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. allspice.

1/2 cup softened butter, 
3/4 cup brown sugar,
1 egg
1 cup applesauce
1 cup pecans, walnuts or raisins. 

Instructions:
Whisk all the dry ingredients 
together in a large bowl.

With a mixer cream the butter with 
the sugar, until light and fluffy.
Add in egg and mix well.

Add the butter/sugar mixture, 
to dry ingredients,  alternating 
 with the applesauce.
Fold in the nuts.




Place the batter in pan and bake 40-50 minutes,
until a toothpick inserted in the middle
comes out clean. 


Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.


When completely cooled,
I sprinkled with icing sugar.








Applesauce can be made with many varieties of apples.

 
I used my Transparent Apples for the applesauce.
to view my recipe, click here.



Moist with a great flavour.
Enjoy 💚 







Thanks for your visit xo



No comments: