Thursday, March 14, 2019

Shamrock Bumbleberry Pie

Today, March 14th, is National Pi Day.
 I baked a pie and decorated it with Shamrocks,
St. Patrick's day is in a few days.








Ingredients:

4 1/2 to 5 cups of fruit.
I used what I had in my freezer.

 rhubarb, 
 blueberries,
raspberries,
some frozen mixed fruit,
pears, apple, peaches, 
pineapple and mango.
It all amounted to about 5 cups. 

2 tbsp. cornstarch.

The amount of sugar is up to your judgment.
I have about 2 cups of rhubarb which is
more tart that the other fruit.
This is what I used.

1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup.



Mix all the fruit, sugar, syrup and
 cornstarch together in a large bowl.

Spoon the berries in a prepared pie shell.

I used Pillsbury's prepared crust for this pie.

Topped it with cutout shamrocks.
Lattice or a top crust may be used also.




Brush the pie crust and shamrocks with milk.

Sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top



Bake 425 for 15 minutes,

reduce heat to 375 for 30-35 minutes.

To avoid overflow and a mess in your oven,
place on a cookie sheet while baking.








Happy St. Pat's Day



Thanks for visiting my blog xo
💚💚💚

2 comments:

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This is GENIUS! I am a total pie klutz because I'm not particularly good at rolling dough, but cutting it out with a cookie cutter is something that I think I could do. This looks delicious and so adorably cute. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kippi O'Hern said...

Yummy! Top O’ the mornin’ to ya! Happy St. Patrick's Day, Kippi