Monday, September 4, 2017

Gooseberry Jam




I have a lot of gooseberries on my bush this year.
I made a small batch of gooseberry jam.


Ingredients:

3 cups gooseberries
tops and tails removed.
1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups sugar.
1/4 cup water.

Place gooseberries, sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
Cook over medium heat uncovered 
stirring frequently as jam thickens,
about 30 minutes, skimming any foam that rises to the surface.
Perform the gel test.
(Spoon a little jam into a chilled saucer, 
place saucer in freezer for a few minutes, 
run your finger through it.
 If it's ready it will wrinkle up.)

Remove from heat.

(Optional) I use my hand held blender to puree the jam.
Remove jam from heat, make sure you do this in a deep pot
to avoid hot splashing on you.


Place in jars and enjoy

Minus 1 jar I gave away.

Thanks for your visit xo

No comments: