Sunday, February 13, 2022

Homemade Valentine Cake






 I made a cake for Valentine's Days this year.
I adapted the recipe comes from an old
Five Roses Cookbook. 



I substituted the shortening for butter
and the milk for unsweetened Almond Milk.




A simple cake.
decorated with Betty Crocker,
whipped icing, flaked coconut, 
 cherries, and sprinkles.





My instructions:

Heat oven to 350 deg. F.
Prepare 2 pans, greasing
and lining the bottoms 
with parchment paper.

Whisk the flour, baking powder and
 salt together. Set aside.

With a mixer beat the butter and
 sugar together until well combined.

Add the eggs, one at a time,
 beating well after each addition.

Add in the vanilla.

Add the flour mixture 
alternating with the milk.

Divide the mix between two pans.

Bake 20-25 minutes.
Or until a toothpick in the
 middle comes out clean.


To assemble the cake,
I added some Raspberry Jam 
between both cakes....





I frosted with the white icing
and added shredded coconut.
I'm not a fancy cake decorator...🍰

Added the cherries
 and sprinkles.

The cherries should be
rinsed in cold water
and patted dry with
paper towels....



who ate the cherry?


Enjoy!
Happy Valentines Day!!
💕💖💗💘