Friday, February 12, 2021

Valentine Chocolate Oreo Truffles





 I made these no bake,
 Oreo Chocolate Truffles for
 a Valentine treat this year.


I choose Latté Oreo Cookies.
I was surprised at all the choice of 
Oreos Cookies in the stores.
Any kind of Oreos will do, to make truffles. 







Ingredients:

287gr. box of Oreo cookies

1 340g. of Betty Crocker whipped chocolate frosting,
I used 3/4 of the container.
(Cream cheese can also be used)

Chocolate for dipping.
I used Chipits that I had on hand.

(Candy melts from Michaels or 
the Bulk Barn is better for dipping.)

Candy decorations.







Put the Oreos in a food processor, mixer,
 or food chopper and pulse until they are fine crumbs,
or place your cookies in a baggie and 
crush them with a rolling pin.

Add 3/4 of the container of the whipped icing 
and pulse again until all mixed in,
or mix the icing in with a mixer, or by hand.




Roll your cookie mixture into 1" (one inch) size balls.
Place your balls on wax paper in the freezer 30-45 minutes.




Melt your chocolate.
Because I used chipits,
I had to add 3/4 tbsp. vegetable oil with 
 1 cup of the chocolate chips.

I used the microwave for melting. 
The chocolate must be stirred at intervals 
to reach the right consistency
and to  prevent burning.
A glass bowl is not recommended, because
 it gets too hot and cooks the chocolate.
Use a plastic microwave bowl.


First melt for 14 minutes and stir. 
Then 10 minutes, and stir.
Then 10 more minutes and stir.


Dip the balls into the chocolate holding with a fork,
rolling the ball around in the chocolate and
 tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl,
to help the excess chocolate drip off.
With a toothpick slide the truffle off the fork 
and onto parchment paper to harden.
If you are using decorations,
 do so before the chocolate hardens.

This is my first time doing this. 
I have room for improvement.






Enjoy, they are delicious!!








I gave some for gifts.




Thanks for your visit xo


5 comments:

" R y k @ r d o " said...

Delicious appearance. I was salivating. I love chocolate.
.
Have a happy weekend, with Health, Peace and Love.
.
Poetic Thoughts and Daydreams
.

Veronica Lee said...

Yummm! These are divine!

Happy Sunday, Thelma!

NitkaDesign said...

What a great idea for a sweet Valentine treat:-))
Greetings:-)))

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

Oh, my goodness! These look magnificent! I missed out making them for Valentine's Day, but imagine how cute they would be for St. Pat's using mint Oreos and green sprinkles!