Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Salmon Loaf


Salmon is one of my favourite seafoods.
It's also rich in several vitamins and minerals.
Canned salmon is high in calcium.

Ingredients:

2 cans salmon, drained and flaked
(I prefer Red Pacific Salmon) 213gr.each.
1 cup crushed saltine crackers
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. melted butter
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp. each, dill and parsley 
1/2 onion, grated 
Salt and Pepper to taste













Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.

Grease loaf pan and line 
with parchment paper.

Mix all the ingredients 
together in a large bowl.

Press into a loaf pan.

Cook approx. 45 minutes.





    I served it with canned potatoes fried with onions, pepper, parsley and salt.
    I don't use these potatoes often, but they are great to have on hand. 
    Also great for camping.
    I drain them and rinse in cold water before slicing. 
















    I rinse and snap of the hard end off the asparagus, 
    sprinkle with olive oil and parmesan cheese and
    roasted for 15 mins.,on a sheet pan.
For the Asparagus














    Also homemade Tartar sauce made with mayonnaise, green relish and lemon juice.


    Enjoy!

I was fortunate to visit a 
Salmon Cannery in
 Steveson, B.C.,
to view, click on this link:






    Thanks for your visit.
    💛💙

6 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

The salmon loaf looks so good.
Thanks for visiting me on Delights of the Heart.
I am wondering that maybe witch hazel doesn't grow in your climate. Not sure, but that could be the reason you can't find it.

Jenny Woolf said...

This looks like a really handy meal. I might make it with canned Tuna too. I have quite a few cans of it which I need to use. I like the idea of having it with asparagus. I like the idea of roasting capsicums with it too. (Like you I often adapt recipes!)

Betsy said...

What a great looking meal. I have all on hand and will have salmon one night this week. I always keep those canned potatoes on hand. Just shopped Aldis yesterday and got some. Saw your post just in time. I am still eyeing that gumdrop cake you have on your blog and will need to make that, especially for my grand girls! Happy Tuesday, Betsy

Veronica Lee said...

Can't wait to make this! Yummmmm!

Happy Thursday!

Ron said...

That really looks good. We'll have to make it.

Tante Mali said...

Thelma, this recipe sounds so delicious. Have to try it. Thank you so much! Happy spring and lovely days
Elisabeth