Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hearty Vegetable Soup



Nothing tastes better than a Hearty Vegetable Soup 
on a cold winter's day to warm your soul
 and fill your stomach.


 Ingredients I use

Vegetable stock
1/2 cup soup mix with rice, corn, barley etc.
1/2 onion
2 celery stocks
3 parsnips
1/2 turnip
3 carrots,
3 potatoes.
1 can tomato
soup (optional)






Empty the chicken stock in a large pot and
 add the soup mix, chopped onion 
and chopped celery.
Bring to a boil. 
Simmer slowly while preparing your vegetables.





Soup Mix

Add:
3 Parsnips chopped.
I don't use salt and I find
parsnips add a nice flavour.




 1/2 turnip 




 3 or 4 carrots





 3 potatoes
Potatoes are starchy and
help to thicken the soup


I added a can 10 oz. of tomato soup.
The tomatoes add a nice colour and flavour.
Simmer approx. 1/2 hr. Add water as needed.
Add, pepper, parsley or any 
other spice that you may like.

Enjoy.....



Some other soups I make:
Also Zucchini and Broccoli Soup. and
 Kale and Spinach Vegetable Soup


Thanks for visiting my blog xo


No comments: