Friday, April 2, 2021

Easter Truffles and Happy Easter.







~2021~
Easter has come early this year.
We welcome Spring, the snow is melting
 and we look forward to Summer.

We cannot gather this year again.
No big dinners, like it used to be.
Hopefully next year it will
 all be back to normal.

I made these truffles to give to friends
and children, as a treat for Easter.
A no bake treat, with crushed Oreo cookies
and dipped in chocolate.






And they do freeze well.



Ingredients
1 package Oreo Chocolate cookies 303g
1/4 cup Cream Cheese Spread

1 cup Chocolate Chips
(or your choice of chocolate) for dipping.
3/4 tbsp vegetable oil. 

Candy decorations.
 
(Makes about 2 doz. truffles)


I used about 1/4 cup cream- 
cheese at room temperature.
1/4 of the package below.


 I softened/mashed the cream cheese with a fork, 
enabling it to mix better with the crumbled cookie mix.


I crushed the cookies in a food chopped.
It can also be done in a 
zip-lock bag with a rolling pin.




With an electric beater, I added the 
cream cheese to the crumbled cookies mix.
and rolled the balls, approx. 1 inch.
Place the balls in the freezer for at least 1/2 hr.
This will prevent them from falling apart
when dipping.





For Dipping, 
I used 1 cup of Chipits


Melting the chocolate for dipping:

Because I used chipits,
I added 3/4 tbsp. vegetable oil with 
1 cup of chocolate chips.

I used the microwave for melting. 
The chocolate must be stirred at intervals 
to reach the right consistency
and to prevent burning.
A glass bowl is not recommended, because
 it gets too hot and cooks the chocolate.
Use a plastic microwave bowl.

First melt for 14 minutes and stir. 
Then 10 minutes, and stir.
Then 10 more minutes and stir.



Dipping takes some practice and can be messy.

Here's how I do it.
Dip the balls into the chocolate holding with a fork,
roll the ball around in the chocolate,
 tapping the fork on the side of the bowl, 
to help the excess chocolate drip off.
With a toothpick slide the truffle off the fork 
and onto parchment paper to harden.
If you are using decorations,
 do so before the chocolate hardens.














This is my final batch of truffles for this year.
I'm all truffled out. 😃😄

I've made them for Valentines Day








Have a Blessed Easter

Thanks for your visit xo

💛💜💙

4 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

These are so pretty and perfect for Easter!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter, Thelma!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

These look absolutely amazing! I had plans to make some sort of candy for Easter, but never got around to it. Truth be told, I was alone on Easter, so just wasn’t interested in putting forth the effort. I did bake a small ham and made myself a nice dinner, but my heart just wasn’t in it. I am saving your recipe, however, I hope to make these next year.

Maria said...

LORD JESUS ILLUMINATES THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH ILLUMINATES OUR PATHWAYS AND FREES US FROM ALL EVIL MY GOD HAVE MERCY FROM US AMEN

NitkaDesign said...

They look delicious:-))
Hope you had nice Easter time:-)))