Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mini Maple Sugar Cones


In Eastern Canada, and especially here in Québec, 
Spring time means maple sugar time.
It's a time to taste all the pleasures
of our Maple Sugar Products.

Today I made these sweet little cones
.A delightful tasting little treat.


Also great to make around Christmas or New Years
while spending time with grandkids.

And a nice idea for Children's Birthday Party








Ingredients:

  • 1/2 lb butter
  • 3 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk 300ml.
  • 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
  • About 60 mini cones 


In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
After butter is all melted, add the maple syrup.



Add sweetened condensed milk and brown sugar






Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
(Stay with the pot stirring, to prevent burning)






Remove from heat and
add marshmallows and mix until 
they are completed melted and blended.







Fill mini cones, be careful, it is HOT
I use a small ladle or a tablespoon to fill them.
A small measuring cup can be used also.

Place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate to cool.



 Garnish before they harden (optional)
I garnished some with nuts, coconut, 
candy sprinkles, white chocolate chips
 and chocolate chips. ~






I also made these with the pointed cone bottom.
click here to view how my grandkids
and I came up with a plan to keep them upright.



A popular recipe this time of year here in Quebec,
 Poudin Aux Chômeurs or Poor-Mans Pudding.
To view my recipe, click here.


For a tasty dessert, try my





Thanks for your visit xo

💛💛💛


18 comments:

chelsea said...

This may be a very silly question, but I grew up in MA so we never had these - how do you eat them? Just like an ice cream??

Unknown said...

Eat them like candy 😆

Thelma said...

Thanks for your response, (Unknown). Yes these sugar cones are delicious and can be eaten as candy. Children love them, adults also.

Unknown said...

I'm from Québec. Maple season/ sugar shack is finally here. glad I found your recipe will be making these today.

Anonymous said...

I’m from NB and we love making maple syrup. Would love to know where you get the mini cones?

Thelma said...

Anonymous from New Brunswick above, Thanks for your comment.
I bought the mini cones at a grocery store. In Quebec, the name of the store is "Maxi Store".
I believe IGA have them also.

Anonymous said...

I got them at Metro grocery store in Ontario

Anonymous said...

These look fabulous! I have never seen mini cones but I bet you could make a small base with graham crackers and butter, or Ritz crackers, even saltines- truly good! Thanks

Anonymous said...

I got them at the dieppe coop!

Anonymous said...

Yes!! The IGA!

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are so tasty, the maple inside hardens a little so it won't run or melt.

Anonymous said...

I had these maple mini cones in NB last April 2022, wow what a treat! First time for me I am from the US.

Unknown said...

Hello...they look delicious. I would just like to know if they are sugar all the way or taffy like under the sugar. Thanks


Thelma said...

They are hardened sugar all the way. Sometimes I put a miniature marshmallow in the bottom.

Anonymous said...

Any ideas for what I can do with extra filling?

Thelma said...

Maybe you could use it as an ice cream syrup.

Anonymous said...

How long can i store these before they start getting too dry?

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy your round ice cream cone holder ?