Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Rhubarb Lemon Scones

Rhubarb is a perennial plant, easy to grow,
with low maintenance.
Packed with vitamins, minerals and
organic values.




Despite the lack of rain in this region,
my rhubarb has grown in abundance.

Lemon and rhubarb make a great combination.











Ingredients:


1/2 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
grated rind of a lemon.


1/2 cup unsalted cold butter

1 cup chopped rhubarb

1 egg
1/2 cup milk or buttermilk.
    1 tsp vanilla extract

    Preheat Oven to 375deg. F

    In a large bowl, whisk together the
     sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.

    Cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.


    Stir in the lemon rind.




    I use this Ikea grater to grate



    add in the rhubarb

    In a small bowl,
    combine the egg, milk/ buttermilk
    and the vanilla.

    Combine the two bowls together.
    (The flour and egg mixture)



    Turn out on a floured surface,

     knead a few times and shape into a circle.
    Cut in 8 wedges.

    Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
    (Optional) Brush the tops with milk.





    Bake 375 deg. F for 25 mins, or 
    just until they start to turn golden.



    Cool completely.

    Drizzle with lemon glaze.
    3/4 cup of icing sugar/confectionery sugar
    About 1/2 juice of a lemon.

    I place a small baggie over a glass
    and put the glaze in.



    Cut a small corner out of the bag
    and squeeze the glaze out onto the scones 


    Delicious!!

    Enjoy!



    Another great tasting rhubarb scone.



    Thanks for your visit xo


    2 comments:

    Linda said...

    I'm so excited you've been PINKED! Thank you for sharing on the Classy Flamingos. http://blog.poinsettiadr.com/2020/05/classy-flamingos-blog-party-104.html

    CanadianGardenJoy said...

    I am going to have to take your blog off my list because when I see these amazingly delicious recipes ... it drives me CRAZY ! LOL ... I can always count on you and your perfect pantry to make me smile and these scones DO THAT ! Thank you ! ;-)
    Hey ... I have some classy flamingos in my garden too ! LOL
    Joy