Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pumpkin Soup - Dairy Free










I have searched a lot of pumpkin soup
 recipes on the web and most of
 them are made adding cream or milk.
Since I am lactose intolerant,
I made my own recipe, dairy free,
 and I am sharing this
 delicious hearty soup.


Clean pumpkin removing the seeds
 and skin, and chop up in 1 inch pieces.

Ingredients
7-8 cups chopped pumpkin,
1 onion chopped
4 medium size potatoes 
peeled and diced
2 large carrot peeled and diced
1 celery stock chopped up.
2 garlic cloves crushed or chopped
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste

fresh parsley to serve (optional)

Combine all the above ingredients,
except the parsley,
 in a soup pot, 
bring to a boil, reduce heat to low 
and simmer for 45 minutes uncovered.




With hand blender, puree the soup, 

Or in a food processor or blender,
 puree in small batches, (1 cup at a time).



Reheat and pour soup in bowls
 and garnish with bacon bits or parsley.

Serve with crusty bread or garlic bread.





Thanks for your visit
💛💛💛



10 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there ! .. I had to say this soup looks amazing and I would really like to try it.
So thank you for posting this .. I don't have a problem with dairy but this is a great way to make an Autumn themed pumpkin soup :-)

Thelma said...

Thanks for your visit. You'll love this soup. It has a great flavour.

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

This looks so good. I don't have to eat dairy free, but sometimes I don't have dairy on hand, so I appreciate knowing about this.

Chas' Crazy Creations said...

This sounds wonderful and I'll have to give it a try. Pinned :) Thank you so much for sharing with To Grandma's House We Go - I'll be featuring you at the next party.

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

You had me at pumpkin and sold me a dairy free! LOL This delicious soup is definitely landing on our dinner table soon. Thanks for the recipe!

Joanne said...

This sounds wonderful; I love that is chuck full of vegetables too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Happy Fall Party. Pinned.

NitkaDesign said...

Looks delicious:-))) I love soups this time of year:-)))
Greetings:-)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Nothing says fall like a good cup of soup!

Tante Mali said...

Good Morning Themlma,
ohhhh I love pumpkin soup!!! Yours looks delicious.
Happy days
Elisabeth

Thelma said...

Thanks so much for featuring me. I am honoured.