Saturday, April 24, 2021

Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy.

 A great tasting meal that's easy 
to make and sure to please.



Originating in the United States,
this classic meal is a version of Hamburg Steak.
Salisbury Steak created by Dr. James H. Salisbury, 
a 19th century English/American physician. 
He created this special diet for his
patients suffering from anemia and 
a number of other diseases. 

For the steak patties

1/2 onion grated
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs,
(or soda-crackers)
1 pound ground beef
1 garlic clove
1 egg
2 tbsps ketchup
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Montreal steak spice.
or your choice of spices.
3 tsp dijon mustard or ordinary mustard.

Mix all the above together and form 5 patties.
If you find it too sticky to mix,  add more breadcrumbs.





Heat oil in a skillet and add the steaks and 
cook browning each side and 
continue cooking on medium 
heat for about 15 minutes.
Remove and place aside.


I use a splatter screen to avoid less mess.

For the Gravy

In the skillet with oil,
add 1/2 of a onion, chopped 
2 minced garlic cloves and 
about 1 cup sliced mushroom
 and cooked until soft.
I usually make my homemade
gravy with cornstarch and water
I wanted to use up this gravy mix I
had in the pantry. It is very good.
I used 4 cups of water and
about 5 tbsp. of mix.
I mixed it in a saucepan 
following instruction on the 
package, until thickened,
 and added it to the skillet.

. 

Add the steak to the pan, add the gravy.
Season with salt and pepper and 
simmer about 20 minutes.



Serve with your favourite vegetables. 
Here I used Mashed Potatoes,
Oven baked mini frozen
Brussel Sprouts and
Carrots and Tomatoes.  
 

Enjoy!

Thanks for your visit

💗💗💗


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite dinners. I've even had them on bun the next day and they are so moist and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all your thoughts and comments.