Sunday, March 4, 2018

Shamrock Shortbread Cookies





I made these shamrock
shortbread cookies for
St. Patrick's Day 
on March 17th. 

I used the basic shortbread recipe. 

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
(If you use salted butter, omit the salt)
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
1 tsp vanilla.


With an electric beater or hand beater,

beat the butter until smooth, about 1 minute.


Add the icing sugar and beat until well mixed... (about 2 minutes)
Add in the vanilla extract.


In a bowl whisk the flour with the salt, 

Gently stir in the flour mixture into the butter mixture.

Flatten the dough into a disk shape,

 wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 
the dough for at least a half hour.




Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
Roll out dough 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
I roll the dough on waxed paper,
and place the dough on a cookie sheet in the
refrigerator for 15 mins. approx.
Cut out cookies.
The cookies keep their shape when cutting them out.





Bake 350 deg. with the rack in the middle of the oven

about 10-15  minutesor until cookie edges are lightly browned.

Cool on a wire rack.






The plate I used, belonged to my Mom.
She had the whole set.
It was her china from the 1960's.
This plate is the only piece I have.





These cookies freeze well.


Thanks for visiting my blog xo



No comments: