Saturday, January 23, 2016

Apple, Blueberry and Cranberry Crisp


A great dessert
All the fruit flavours
mingle, adding a great taste.
Served hot.... topped with ice cream.
Mmmm Good!!!



Any kind of apples can be used.
I like to use a variety to enhance the taste. 
I am showing off this amazing Gadget.
called "Applemagic" or "Pommemagique" in french. 
In a few seconds, the apple is peeled, cored and sliced. 
The best thing ever invented.
Amazing!!!
I chopped them smaller for this recipe 
I used my Wild Blueberries that I froze last Fall.
They can be bought in most grocery stores in the frozen section.
To view my previous blog on freezing blueberries click here.
I used one cup for this recipe.

1 cup Dried Cranberries. 
I prefer whole cranberries. 
I couldn't find any in the grocery store at this time.


Preheat oven to 350 deg.
Mix together in a bowl the 4 Apples
1 cup each Cranberries and Blueberries.
Add 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tbsp. Cornstarch or( Minit Tapioca )to thicken.
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
Fill ramekin dishes.
I used these cute Mason Jars.(125ml)
They are Oven Proof and a nice portion size.
I put aluminum foil on a cookie sheet
to catch any spills.


~~~THE OATMEAL TOPPING~~~
I use Ricardo's Recipe. 
1 1/4 cups Minute Oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter softened.
Whisk together the Oats, flour and sugar. (1 tsp. cinnamon optional)
Mix in the butter
Spoon on top of the fruit
Cook in a 350 degrees oven for about 45 minutes.





Fun to make and really good...

All pics are my sole original property


thanks for your visit xo

No comments: