Saturday, January 23, 2016

Hearty Vegetable Soup


Nothing tastes better than a Hearty Vegetable Soup 
on a cold winter's day to warm your soul
 and fill your stomach.

 Ingredients:
I used:
Vegetable stock
1/2 cup soup mix with rice, corn, barley etc.
1/2 onion
2 celery stocks
3 parsnips
1/2 turnip
3 carrots,
3 potatoes.
1 can tomato
soup (optional)


Empty the Chicken Stock in a large pot and add the soup mix, chopped onion and chopped celery.
Bring to a boil. Simmer slowly while preparing your vegetables.
(If you don't have Chicken Stock, Water will do fine)
(If you don't have soup mix, rice, noodles, etc. is good also.)
Soup Mix

Add:
3 Parsnips chopped.
I don't use salt and I find
parsnips add a nice flavour.
 1/2 turnip 
 3 or 4 carrots
 3 potatoes
Potatoes are starchy and
help to thicken the soup

I added a can 10 oz. of tomato soup.
The tomatoes add a nice color.
Simmer approx. 1 hr. Add water as needed.
Add, pepper, parsley or any other spice that you may like.

Enjoy.....


All pics are my sole original property.
This vegetable soup I made last year.
Also my Broccoli Soup. and my Kale and Spinach Soup


thanks for visiting my blog xo

all pics are my sole original property.