Saturday, October 25, 2014

Oven Baked Brown Rice

I make this rice often. 
 It is always delicious as a side dish
 with chicken, beef or chinese food.
Or serve alone at lunch
Simple and easy to make, 
and freezes well.




Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked long grain rice, rinsed.
3 1/2 cups chicken stock
(I use a box of Campbell's 
Chicken Broth- low sodium)

1 garlic clove chopped
1/4 cup soya sauce
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 med. onion chopped
1 can or 4-6 mushrooms chopped
1 small green pepper chopped
1 celery stock chopped
pepper & parsley to taste.


Optional-  add 2 to 3 cups
 chopped chicken, pork, turkey
 or leftover ham chopped up.


Mix all ingredients in a large roast pan.

Cook covered in the oven  at 350 deg. for 1 1/2 hrs



 









The plate is
"Swan Inn"
J. Broadhurst & Sons.
England






Thanks for your visit xo

💛💛💛







7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, this sounds really good, Thelma, thanks so much for sharing it. I have a roaster exactly like the one in your photo. :)

Thelma said...

Thanks Linda. I have been using this roaster for many years. I also have a round one like it. When I do my homemade beans, I fill both of them together in the oven. One day, I will blog my beans LOL..take care

Tante Mali said...

Linda, sounds nice and easy - that's what I love!
Have a wonderful time and all my best from Austria
Elisabeth

Thelma said...

Thanks Elizabeth, nice to hear from you again.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello there Linda : )
Thank you for stopping by my blog !
This is a nice and easy recipe to follow ... and that gorgeous plate you have it on is so pretty.
I started out many years ago with that same type of roaster ... I guess they stand the test of time eh ? LOL
Joy

Thelma said...

.Hi Joy glad you like the recipe. The plate is Made in England, "Swan Inn". A set of 4, cups missing. I have a few pieces of Transferware, I will blog them one day. Take care Thelma.

Thelma said...

Hi Joy, I must tell you my name is Thelma, not Linda. The lady who commented before you made an error. Not your fault and it does not matter to me. Thanks for your lovely comment, I appreciated it. xoxo