Tuesday, November 24, 2020

CandyCane Christmas Bark





Christmas is different this year.
2020
The virus is out of control,
here in Canada, as with 
the rest of the world, 
we have to stay home to stay safe.
We're all in this together.

I've decided to do some
baking for gifts this year.

 I made this Christmas Bark

Fast and fun to make with
only 4 ingredients. 



Ingredients:
1  1/2 cups  (12 oz.) semi-sweet
 chocolate chips
*1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
12 candy canes crushed up
 with a rolling pan or
or hammer into a ziplock bag.
Optional ~ 1/2 tsp pure peppermint.

*The white chocolate should contain 
cocoa butter and not palm oil,
or it will separate from 
the dark chocolate.





Line a cookie sheet 
with parchment paper.

Melt the chocolate chips in the
microwave at 30 seconds intervals,
stirring after each. 
In my microwave 
it takes 60 seconds.

Spread the melted chocolate out on a
parchment lined baking sheet,
approx. 12x8 inches.
Place in refrigerator to cool,  
for 15 minutes.


Melt the white chocolate 
in the microwave.

Optional ~After melted, 
add in the 1/2tsp. peppermint



Add some of the broken candycanes
and mix together.



Spread the white chocolate over
 the darker chocolate on the cookie sheet.

Add remaining candy.
Press down lightly to indent 
them into the chocolate.


After 20 minutes,
I remove from fridge and cut in squares, 
with a large knife.

Return to the refrigerator to harden more,
approx. 1 hr.  they are ready.

If you don't want to cut them, 
they can be broken into pieces.









This bark will keep 2 weeks 
at room temperature
and 3 weeks in the fridge.



My tree is up with lights only,
I'll continue decorating it,  this weekend.
Stay home and stay safe!

Thanks for your visit xo

🎄🎅🎄🎅


8 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Thelma. Your peppermint bark is very colourful and I know it will be appreciated by your recipients. I am making some chocolate bark for my kids for Christmas. Mine will be white chocolate with slivered almonds. It will be a nice surprise accompanying the fruit cake this year.

The Island has closed our borders to our neighbouring provinces, NB and NS due to the outbreak in those two places. Hopefully it won't be for long because my west coast family is supposed to be moving to NB in the new year. Surely this will all be over with soon. It has made life so difficult for so many. I think too many of the young people are not taking this outbreak seriously enough and they are partying and going to bars when they should be staying home. Please stay healthy and safe, Thelma! Thank you for sharing at my party and God bless you.

Louca por porcelana said...

Hummm...Delicious!!!

Margie said...

Hi Thelma,

I'm visiting from Sandi's weekly party.

Your peppermint bark looks AMAZING! I'm all about peppermint/candy cane teas these days(I think I have 4-6 blends in my tea stash). I'm eagerly waiting for President's Choice to release their candy cane ice cream!

Cherie said...

That's a great idea for a gift. It just looks so delicious and festive.

Sandi Magle said...

NUM, NUM, NUM....this looks better than the commercial one---love all the color and fun this will be for gifts. This is pretty much what we will be doing also..though I will add Pumpkin Butter and Tomato Sauces from our garden. Again, NUM!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Thelma, mint and chocolate are such a good and classic combination, and your bark looks so pretty!

Sew Crafty Crochet said...

This looks so yummy! Pinning! I may have to make this for my family soon!

Mrs.T said...

Pinning this! It looks scrumptious. I love giving gifts from the kitchen!