Friday, February 22, 2019

Mandarin Orange Salad



A great Asian salad for any occasion,
 Healthy and refreshing.





The Dressing
(Adapted from allrecipes.com)
I've tried a few dressing and
 this one is my favorite.

2 tbsp white wine vinegar
3 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp ground paprika
1/4 cup olive oil.

To make the dressing, 
thoroughly blend the vinegar, 
honey, mustard, celery salt,
 paprika and olive oil. 

Mix well.
Can be sorted in fridge for later use.



The Salad

My recipe is for 4 servings

1/2 head, iceberg lettuce, 
(Red leaf lettuce can be used also.)
2 celery stocks chopped.
1/2 red onion chopped.
1/2 can mandarin oranges drained.
1/2 cup sliced almonds.
1/3 lb. bacon fried crisp.
  1. Place all of the above in a serving bow, add the dressing and serve.









Thanks for your visit xo


8 comments:

Annie Day said...

The most Delicious salad I ever ate,well done Thelma,Hope to enjoy more salads soon.xxoo 💖

Thelma said...

Thanks Annie xo

Kari said...

This looks amazing!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

We seem to be of similar minds! I recently made a Mandarin salad. It really is tasty and refreshing, one of my favorites.

Tanza Erlambang said...

salad improves our health...
have a great day

Thelma said...

Thanks Pattie. Great minds think alike.

Thelma said...

It sure does.

thepaintedapron.com said...

I love this type of salad, I must get mandarins back in my pantry!
Jenna