Thursday, September 8, 2016

Maple Syrup Applesauce


This great tasting applesauce is so easy to make.
 I love it on toast in the morning. 
         I used my transparent apples this year, and 
 maple syrup adds sweetness to
 the delicious flavour.

         It is hard to give exact measurements
 because of the sweetness of the apples
 and the type of apples used,
 also how sweet you like your applesauce.



I am sharing my approx. measurements.

12 transparent apples
1 tsp. cinnamon
 1 cup water
about 1/2 cup maple syrup


  Core and chop apples. 
I leave on the skins.
Place in a large pot with water
add the cinnamon and maple syrup.


 Simmer for 20 mins.,
stirring often to prevent sticking
to the bottom of the pot.
Add more syrup if needed, 
depending on your taste.
Add more water if needed,  for desired thickness.
Mash with a potato masher.

Enjoy.


I am showing off  this amazing Gadget.

called "Applemagic" or "Pommemagique" in french. 

In a few seconds, the apple is peeled, cored and sliced.




Thanks for visiting my blog xo
I invite you to follow me on "Instagram"
Click the button at the top right corner of this page...