Friday, November 15, 2019

Blueberry and Pear Crisp

After 15 years, my pear tree
 finally gave me some fruit.
I don't know why it took so long. 
They usually bear fruit the 2nd. year.
My sister Annie, threatened to cut it
down, if it didn't produce fruit,  this yr.
I think the tree understood the threat. 



Flemish Beauty Pears,
a Belgium pear, suitable for my colder region.
 juicy, crunchy, delicious fruit.



I tried this fruit dessert, 
 with a oatmeal topping,  and
 everyone loved it.
Very fast and easy to do.



Ingredients

4 pears
2 cups wild blueberries
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp lemon juice




I peeled the pears and cut them up in large chunks.


2 cups blueberries.
I used frozen wild blueberries.



Preheat over to 350deg. F.


In a large bowl, mix together the pears,
the wild blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar,
 1 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tsp lemon juice.







Place in a square pan








For the topping

( I use Ricardo's recipe for the topping.)

1 1/4 cups Quick Oats
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter softened.


In a bowl, mix together the oats,
 flour and brown sugar.
Add the butter and mix until all moistened.





Place in the pan on top of the fruit mixture.

(Optional... sprinkle with cinnamon and almonds.)




Bake 350deg. F. for 45 minutes.






Delicious served with whipped-cream
 or ice-cream. 




Thanks for your visit xo



Thanks to Snickerdoodle Create, Bake
for featuring this blog.

6 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Dear Thelma: What a scrumptious dessert and very pretty too! Congratulations on the fine job you did of bringing up your family! You have every right to be proud. I had talked about working moms in my blog post and I removed it because I thought my post was getting too long. I realized that was a mistake and I put it back in so all moms were included. We all have an important job to do. God bless you and thank you for sharing your lovely dessert with us at No Place Like Home. Hugs...Sandi

Patti said...

I will be right over for a bit of that yummy-looking goodness. Before we downsized last year, we lived in a house that had 19 fruit trees. 3 of those were pear, and only one of the pear trees ever produced. I ought to have given the same threat.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to be a single mom. Parenting is hard enough as it is, but to do it alone has to be nigh on impossible. Job well done!!

Louca por porcelana said...

Just mouthwatering!!!Hugs!

Mrs. White said...

This looks so amazing. I love the explanation and the photographs. You make it look easy. The dishes you used, and the way you set the table add to the enjoyment of such a treat!

Veronica Lee said...

Lipsmacking! Yummm!

Happy Tuesday!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Does that ever look wonderful, Thelma. So glad your pears decided to show up this year. Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and yours and thank you for the sweet visit..Happy Tuesday..xxoJUdy