Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Homemade Applesauce



Applesauce is so easy to make and is
 great on toast or served as a condiment
 with pork or chicken, and is great to have 
on hand for Applesauce Cake or Muffins.

I have an apple tree with transparent apples
and used them in this sauce.

A large variety of apples may also be used,
especially a combination of different apples.






Ingredients:
12 transparent apples
1 cup water
2 tbsp. lemon juice. 
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
This recipe yields about 5 small jars. 


Directions
 Core, peel and chop apples.

I use this gadget that saves a lot of time
 "Applemagic" or "Pommemagique" in french. 
In a few seconds, the apple is peeled, cored and sliced







I chop them up.




As I am chopping up the apples, 
I place them in a large bowl
 with cold water,  with about 1 tbsp.
 of salt, to keep them from turning brown. 

When the chopping is finished,
 I rinse all the chopped apples in cold water and 
place in a large pot with  the 2 tbsp. lemon juice,
 one cup of water (and cinnamon, optional)

 Bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat and simmer until apples 
are soft, 25 to 30 minutes.
Mash with a potato masher until smooth.

  Place in sterilized jars
or containers to freeze.




Delicious also made with MacIntosh Apples




For my blog on "Maple Syrup Applesauce"
click here.



Also I use this applesauce to make this
 delicious Applesauce Cake.





Thanks for your visit 💚

No comments: