Thursday, April 27, 2017

Lunch Box Cranberry Scones


My Granddaughter and I made these 
scones for my grandkids' lunch boxes.
Nutritious, healthy and tasty.


Fast and easy to make.
Topped with an Orange Flavoured Glaze.


Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2  1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup frozen cranberries, (I cut them in half)
The rind of 1 Orange

(Save the orange to squeeze for the glaze)

2/3 - 3/4 cup milk or cream.

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees
Butter or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.



In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, 
baking powder and salt.


Cut butter into flour mixture until
 resembles coarse crumbs.



My Granddaughter Sabrina
 helped make these scones.
(She also designed and installed my blog header.
I could never figure out how to do it)
She is 12 yrs. old.


Add cranberries and orange rind

 
Add milk and stir just until combined.
Do not over mix.



Pat or roll dough into a square approx 9 x 6"
and cut into squares. Approx. 16 squares.



Before baking, 
Sabrina brushed each with milk.


Bake 17-20 mins.,




Orange Glaze

3/4 cup Icing Sugar/powdered sugar.
The juice of 1 orange.
I use the orange that I took the rind of,
and mix it together in a measuring cup. 

Sabrina glazed the scones❤️






















I also make
sweetened with maple syrup.






Thanks for your visit. 
💗💗💗






No comments: