Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tea Biscuits


Low in cholesterol and sugar.
These biscuits are a favorite of my family.
My mother made these often..
Great for a snack 
....hot with butter...
They disappear fast when my grandkids are around.





Ingredients:

2 cups Flours
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup milk

Preheat Oven to 450 degrees

Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.

Cut in butter until mixture is a coarse crumb texture.



Add milk, stirring with a fork to make a soft dough.
 Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead lightly for a few minutes

Roll or pat out to desired thickness - about 1/2 inch




Cut dough with a 2-inch floured biscuit cutter.
(I use my favourite glass)


Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Brush tops with milk to make a brown crust.


Bake in hot oven 450 degrees 12-15 minutes



Perfect Tea Biscuits should be golden brown with a fairly smooth, level top.
                                    They  should be slightly moist, tender, light and flaky.

This recipe I took from an old  Five Roses Cookbook.
Instead of shortening, I use butter.


enjoy...
all pics are my sole original property

`•.¸(¯`••´¯)¸.•

☆ ؛ ` `•.¸.•´  ؛ ☆


thanks for visiting my blog